Monday, September 24, 2012

Sailing On Our First Grade Journey

A tray of sailboats for sneak peek night!  What better way to get my little crew started on the right course than with rice krispy boats?  You just make triangle shaped sail cut-outs with student names typed in word-art format.  I glued the triangle sails onto toothpicks.  I wrapped the rice krispies in plastic wrap and then pushed the sails into place!  This goes with the theme I am using; "We are on a journey."  It fits perfectly with Peter H. Reynolds book entitled "The North Star."  I strongly recommend going to the Fablevision site where Peter Reynolds has provided free access to amazing posters that reinforce caring and responsible choices.
Simple "Sailboat Krispy Treats"
 
My hallway display reinforcing the idea that we are setting sail for a great first grade journey!  I feel this is an important message to get across, especially at the beginning of the year.  First grade is such an amazing journey of learning.  I want my students to understand just how important every day is.  We only get to do each day once!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment