Sunday, September 30, 2012

We Make Our World Beautiful With Kindness!

Your True Colors ARE Beautiful!

 
I came across a similar art idea on Pinterest from http://elementaryartfun.blogspot.com/2011/09/fun-with-photoshop.html.  She used the computer to edit a picture of a little girl painting the sky.  I thought it would be easier to have students use watercolors to paint their rainbows. 
 
A colleague and I took pictures of students pretending to paint areas all around the playground during recess.  Students turned their back to me while holding a paint can in one hand and a paint brush in the other.  We decided to put it together with Cindy Lauper's "True Colors."  We read the book "Have You Filled a Bucket" and talked with students about how we can make a better world.  To accompany their art, students wrote about ways to make the world a more beautiful place.  They came up with ideas like giving hugs, picking up trash, sharing with friends, etc.  It was a great lesson in friendship!  I had more comments on this art display than any other I had ever done.  Thanks for the art idea Natalie!   The students loved it!  It also went well with our weather unit!  If anyone else does something similar, please leave me a comment letting me know what you have done.  I am always open to new ideas! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment